Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Let's go Oilers!

Like most of you, I am hoping for the Flames to finish the Ducks so that we can have the first Battle of Alberta in 15 years. But a Flames victory is more or less expected; an Oliers upset of the Red Wings most certainly was not. Who is more dominant than Chris Pronger? More consistent than Ryan Smyth? More surprising than Dwayne Roloson? Yes, the Oil have injected this year's playoffs with giddiness, the likes of which we have not seen since les Canadiens went up 2-0 on the Hurricanes (and have, subsequently, lost four straight). It should be a fantastic second round, and outright incredible if the Flames can pull it out. So get on your Flames gear and cheer them on tomorrow night! (I'm looking in your direction, Chubby).

3 comments:

The Offensive Coordinator said...

Yeah, Edmonton's win last night was awesome (and I even got to watch it from a HNIC feed!). And we can also be happy that the Most Objectionable Team in Professional Sports were disposed of in short order as well!

Dean Ziegler said...

Woot, it's been a sad hockless run of essays this April. I'm so glad that I'll be able to watch my beloved Oilers in the second round. Maybe Marchant will score on the backhand. Yeah! I'm yelling at you Andy Moog.

Jess said...

I must admit, I don't know much about hockey, but I'm cheering for Canada overall (obviously!). However, I'm just happy to see that you're blogging again regularly! Woo!