Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Living With War

Neil Young's new cd comes out on the 9th, but you can preview it via streaming audio here. It is vintage Young, rockin' in the free world, daring critics to speak against him. It's audacious and raw, as all Young albums are, but it is also refreshing - I guess you're never too old to protest the president (one of the songs is titled "Let's Impeach the President). Along with Pearl Jam (released yesterday) and Bruce Springsteen, May perhaps be dubbed "Protest Month".

PS the Pearl Jam album is pretty good.

2 comments:

The Offensive Coordinator said...

What I find interesting is Young was one of the first artists to attempt to capitalize on/deal with his emotions following 9/11, with his (at least on the surface) pro-retaliation song "Let's Roll".

You have the new Pearl Jam? I was thinking that would be a buy for me. You agree?

Garry said...

Yes, I feel that the new Pearl Jam is a worthy purchase. It doesn't blow me away, but it's solid and growing on me with each listen.