Saturday, December 03, 2005

Anatomy of a Latte

Okay so this is a cappuccino, but they're virtually identical. Yesterday I was tutored in the ways of the barista, and I can now steam milk like no one else, save for, perhaps, every other coffee shop employee in the world. I made some mean hot chocolates last night during my second shift at The Second Cup. The customers had to wait while I fumbled my way through the process, but they weren't disappointed. Well, some of them may have been, but I didn't hear about it. It's a great place to work, however; my co-workers are all friendly and helpful, and we all want to serve the customer the best we can. I know this sounds like a shameless plug, but it's true. Anyhoo, I work again on Sunday night, and then on Monday morning at Chapters. I'll be tired, for sure, but those Christmas gifts aren't going to buy themselves.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love coffee. Dammit. I wanna go get a latte now. :)
I think it's kinda sad that Christmas gifts don't buy themselves. Especially since I'm beyond broke this year. As such, I'm not buying gifts. Actually it's not so much that I'm "not" as "I can't". Maybe I'll just boycot Christmas this year...

Anonymous said...

Garry, do you also make carmel machiatos? Because those are delicious...some even say better than sex (although because I'm not much of a coffee drinker, with the exception of the carmel machiato, I still prefer sex).
Also, I think you should post a pic of you in your hot new uniform for your adoring fans to see.

Garry said...

You have an espesso machine? I'm getting so used to lattes and the like that I don't know how much longer I can go without one! That may be a project for the new year.

Garry said...

I mean "espresso machine?"