Tuesday, November 29, 2005

New Job News

Since Xmas season is upon us and I am in need of cash, I managed to get another job - at The Second Cup. Everyone else knows that this is a coffee emporium similar to Starbucks, but those in Saskatoon may not be familiar since there is no Second Cup in S'toon. Well, my professional life now mirrors my private life: books and coffee. All I need now is a job at a record store and everything will be in place. I am excited about the new job. I start tonight - we get to wear snazzy black pants and a snazzy golf shirt. Anyhoo, that's the news there. December is coming but it is pouring rain here, and the talk of the town is, obviously, the federal election on January 23. I'm looking forward to the campaign drama more than the actual result - chances are we'll get another minority government; the question is, which party will actually form the government? It's close, for once. Don't forget to watch Gilmore Girls tonight.

4 comments:

Dean Ziegler said...

So, you're working on a thesis while you work in a book store and a coffee shop? Garry, you're truly the King of Kings.

Garry said...

Thanks, Dean. That's the kind of admiration I was hoping for. Now if only I get paid like a king!

Jamie said...

I love that you have jobs at a coffee shop and a book store. That rocks. I would love to own a coffee shop one day. Do you get to drink free coffee? Because that would be the rocking-est! :)

Anonymous said...

gilmore girls????