Thursday, December 08, 2005

John Lennon 1940-1980


Today is the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's untimely death. I still get a little choked up when I think of the life that was wasted; while Mark David Chapman rots in prison getting fed and staying warm and being able to live, all those who loved John Lennon and/or his music must mourn eternally. This day was good, however, as I successfully convinced the management at Chapters to play 2 full hours of Lennon in the store today in homage, and I plan on listening to more Lennon here at home. If you can, listen to some Lennon music today, either The Beatles or his solo work, but hopefully not The Plastic Ono Band.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for thinking of Lennon in such a simple way. He has been a big part of our lives for such a long time, alive and dead. I think of him, yes. But I mostly
think of the legacy he left behind in giving a chance for father and son to appreciate such beautiful music together.

The Offensive Coordinator said...

I thought you'd have a post on this today, buddy. I did something even simpler on mine. Your criticsm of the Plastic Ono Band might be a little off, though.

paul said...

i love the beatles, and John Lennon, thank you for this post.