Saturday, November 11, 2006

Boratmania

Bonnie and I went to see Borat this afternoon. I was utterly speechless upon emerging from the theatre. But now I have found my tongue. It is a brilliant comedy, complete with scenes of obsurdity and immense discomfort. Sacha Baron Cohen made everyone alternate between squirming in their seats and laughing uncontrollably. How he kept a straight face the whole time I'll never know. Yes, there were some unsuspecting people who were seemingly victimized, but it wasn't that bad (except, maybe, for the frat boys in the RV). And the surprise ending truly made the movie an event. If you're uneasy about seeing other people in impossibly uncomfortable situations or offended my male frontal nudity, do not see this movie. Otherwise, laugh away! I give it my highest rating, four Baywatch babes out of four.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I don't know about this one. After hearing both your review and Poonam's do I dare? Maybe it'll be a renter!

P.S When did the GSTSG attain a spot or recognition on the blog? It's very exciting :D

Jess said...

Ooooo I just realized I made a typo...(yes I go back and read my old comments hehe)

*spot OF recognition*

*sigh*

Now my poor spelling skills are documented on your blog.

The Offensive Coordinator said...

I think I'm off to see Borat tonight (fall term is DONE!). Maybe I'll write a review this weekend.