Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Chance Meeting With the PM

I guess I should've reported this last week, but I was too excited. On Friday I was working at Chapters when who else but (now former) PM Paul Martin comes in. He's got his goons with him and everything, and he browsed the Social Science section before heading to the Travel section, which happened to be in my general direction. In fact, he walked right toward me. I took the opportunity to say hello and shake his hand. I also thanked him for his (seemingly) honest final press conference; I appreciated the candor, I said, and he responded with a (I'd like to think) genuine thank you. What I didn't say was that he could've used such polite manners during the campaign. He might still be in office had he done so. Anyhoo, apparently he picked up some books on Turkey, so perhaps that's as far as he has to go to get away from the embarassment that was the Liberal loss. Also, he's much taller than I guessed: at least 6' 3'' in my opinion. I don't know why that's important, but there you are.

1 comment:

The Offensive Coordinator said...

Wow, it's like we always thought living in Ottawa would be like! Rubbing shoulders with politicians in bookstores and giving them your opinion on fiscal policy! Seriously, that's pretty cool. I'm envious.