Thursday, October 20, 2005

Broken Social Scene Tonight!

Tonight Bonnie and I are going to see BSS! I am excited; I've seen them once and they were awesome - with this new album, they should be even better (If you haven't checked the new album out, I suggest you do so post-haste). I don't know who the opening band is yet. I am hoping for some BSS alumni like Metric or Feist or even, fingers crossed, Stars or Wolf Parade (Wolf Parade includes two members of Arcade Fire). It promises to be a great show, even though I am giving up Survivor to see it. I'll have to rely on the expert reportage of the website this week. The previews look like they're going to shake it up again, and, frankly, they need to. This edition is pretty boring so far, with no interesting characters or even storylines. Gary doesn't want to reveal that he used to be a quarterback? What is this, Days of Our Lives? I dunno, I'm gonna keep watching because I took the time to learn everyone's names (except that nurse-lady on Nakum: Nancy? Meredith?), but this is no Pulau, that's for sure. Anyhoo, it's a sunny day out here for once, so I hope everyone has as great a day as I hope to have.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya, i can pretty much gaurantee it isn't metric or feist since fiest is on her tour (here last thurs) and metric is on their tour (here this sunday). don't be pissed though, cause rumour has it that feist is a not so fiesty performer and sucked ass.
check out the metric cd though, very different, yet enjoyable. downloadable track? (well you shouldn't download any of them since you wouldn't be supporting canadian bands) but nonethless: 'police and the private' is my personal fave.

Dean Ziegler said...

Broken Social Scene are coming to Saskatoon later next month as well. I think they are going to play at my favorite neighbourhood bar, Amigos. I have my ticket in hand, let me know what I should expect.

Garry said...

Sharon, Feist was there in full effect and she was as feisty as ever. I can't explain her apparent lethargic performance inWinnipeg, but here she was rockin' and wailing on that mic. PS I haven't illegally downloaded any Metric: "Monster Hospital" was the weekly free track on iTunes last week. I like it.

Garry said...

Dean, it's too bad that Amigo's is the best Saskatoon can offer. However, you'll be right in the band's face! It will be a memorable experience, to be sure.

Anonymous said...

yes, i definately stand corrected on the feist front, but if she doesn't come onto stage in winnipeg, i will hold my position then.

as if i have to wait another month.