Monday, January 01, 2007

Worst Ads according to Slate

Slate's Seth Stevenson has articled his picks for worst ad of '06. His picks are mostly American (I've only seen two or three of them) and seemingly rare commercials; my picks are based on repetition. To me, an ad may be tolerable on first viewing but can quickly become hated after repeated viewings. The ads for prescription drugs or that horrible ad for the walk-in tub for seniors come to mind. Similarly, everyone who watches Jeopardy will know the painful ad for Head-On ("apply directly to the forehead"). Not only is it a terrible ad, it may be the worst idea for a product I've ever heard. Any other terrible ads out there?

1 comment:

Jazz said...

There's this commercial that comes on the indian cable channel here - two non-indian women sitting on a couch making long distance phone calls (to India, I think..). One gets an awesome rate, the other doesn't, so she lets out a shrill scream. I hate the commercial so much that I get nauseous whenever it comes on.

And on that note, Happy New Year!