Monday, November 20, 2006

Thank You, Lady Justice

Despite my earlier protestations against censorship, I am delighted that O.J.'s book is not going to be released. I do not feel that he should be prevented from doing what he wants; if he wants to write a book and someone wants to publish it, more power to him. However, every aesthetic and moral fibre in my body cringed when I heard about this endeavor. Personally, it disgusts me. I am glad that others feel the same way as I do and further pain and exploitation cannot result from this man's sad delusions.


Murdoch pulls plug on O.J. Simpson book, TV special

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome, Garry.

Lady Justice.

The Offensive Coordinator said...

Technically, this isn't censorship at all, so you can rest easy in opposing censorship in all its forms. This is merely a publisher/producer deciding not to make something. Only the government can censor something.

Incidentally, this case draws attention to our need for a "common sense" law. OJ is clearly, CLEARLY guilty (no innocent person would even write a book entitled "If I Did It, Here's How", no matter how desperate they were for money), yet we can't try him again. So we should be able to enact some kind of common sense law and convict the bastard. At LEAST convict him of having terrible taste in writing this book.

And seriously, pro football needs to remove this guy from the hall of fame. Pete Rose can't get into baseball's hall for gambling on a some games, which practically everyone does, yet OJ remains in Canton after (basically) admitting to MURDER?

Jamie said...

Garry and Bonnie...I'm stopping by to wish you both a great christmas season. Hope you have lots of fun and are able to fit in some good relaxing time.
Jamie