Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Death Cab For Cutie Show

On Saturday Bonnie and I went to see Death Cab For Cutie at the Civic Centre. It was a great show. My sister said that she felt that Death Cab was the best concert she's ever seen; after seeing them for myself, I think I can include them in my top five (Dylan and The Hip were still better shows IMO). They are such a good band, not only with great songwriting but also as musicians, and because they play so well together. Anyhoo, we enjoyed it. We'll go see them when they come back (Ben Gibbard, lead singer, said that we'll see them "soon"). As a tribute, here is a list of my top five all-time favourite Death Cab songs. Use this list as a starting point if you're unfamiliar; if you're a Death Cab fan, use this as a starting point for debate (Christeen, I'm looking at you).

1. Movie Script Ending
2. Expo '86
3. Soul Meets Body
4. Why You'd Want To Live Here
5. Transatlanticism


For more "info", check out the band's Wikipedia page

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like that Ted Leo wore coveralls and fully utilized them.

Snarl said...

I vote for "I Will Follow You Into the Dark." Ok, yes it is the only Death Cab song I know (I've heard "Soul Meets Body" once or twice, but can't remember it). Anyways, I like to sing along with it, but then I get all choked up and shed a tear or two everytime. This is messed, but ever since you two got engaged, Tim and I have been comtemplating the ultimate unconventional wedding song, and this was on our list. Until we remembered that, you know, it's all about dying and stuff.

Molly said...

I agree about "I Will Follow You Into the Dark." It may be a bit quiet/dark, but on that album it was the darker tracks (including "Someday You Will Be Loved") that I enjoyed more.

Garry, I agree on "Transatlanticism," but I'd also add "Death of an Interior Decorator" from that album, and not only because of its wicked catch intro.

cbro said...

Got to put "The New Year" in the top five. And "Title and Registration"

I love me "A Movie Script Ending"

then to round out the final two pick one of "Photobooth", "A lack of Color", "405"(Acoustic), and "Company Calls Epilogue"

I will be seeing them on this Wednesday. Can't wait.