Saturday, May 13, 2006

Go Sens Go

Since the inevitable disappointment of games 1 & 2 (I didn't watch game three), I have developed a sense of the desperation of Ottawa fans. When the Sens finished first in the east, I thought, "they're unstoppable"; of course, I was mistaken. And everyone here in Ottawa old enough to remember 2004's excruciating loss to the Leafs knows how mistaken I was. The Sens choke when it comes to big games. Have you seen Alfredsson's play lately? Neither have I. He's been virtually invisible. Ditto Heatley, Havlat, Chara and Philips. Actually, I have noticed Philips, but only because he's been making mistakes every time he touches the puck. Anyhoo, at the end of it all, I am calm and collected, resigned to the fact that the Sens, and Sens fans, will have to wait until next year. I'm just hoping that they can make it resepctable: going out in six games isn't as bad as going out in five. Here's to hoping.

2 comments:

Kate said...

yeah. i watched the game. it wasn't pretty. so i guess it's "go oilers". sigh.

cheers.

Garry said...

I tried not to watch the game, but I was filled with such naive optimism! Go Oilers, indeed.