Thursday, December 22, 2005

Holiday spirit rising

Okay, so this morning Garry wasn't a happy bunny. Indeed, I was sad being away from friends and family for Christmas, plus the fact that I am working a heck of a lot in the next week. However, the holiday spirit has reached me this evening and today was, in the end, a good day. Chapters is really busy and sometimes frantic but people are always nice - only one or two rude customers today. I was cheered by the store spirit - people are happy when they find what they want for loved ones. I also heard from Scott today. He's coming up to visit us on the 28th to celebrate New Year's here in Canada. Then, on the 29th, our friends from Sk Lindsay and Monique are coming to Ottawa on their way home from Australia, where they are spending Christmas. It will be a fantastic Sk reunion for the New Year. Bonnie and I are quite excited. And this weekend, we are going to have a nice Christmas, even if it is just the two of us. So don't worry! We are happy and cheerful in this holiday season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the both of you. Everything is swell here at 2010-- Be sure to say hi to Lindsay and Monique when they swing by for the New Year.

Garry said...

Thanks, Dave - I will be sure to pass on holiday greetings. I hope you're having a good holiday time, too. Long live 2010!