Thursday, November 10, 2005

Shout out to Sharon

I got a mysterious package from my sister today and it turned out to be an awesome day-maker. A while ago I sent her a couple of cds of songs on my computer that I thought she'd like. Today, she returned the favour, and even though I have some of the songs, it is an awesome, mellow cd good for listening at any and every occasion. Here's the list:

1. Shelter - Xavier Rudd
2. Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
3. Mr. Ambulance Driver - The Flaming Lips
4. The Police and the Private - Metric
5. This Modern Love - Bloc Party
6. Yeti - Caribou
7. Portions for Foyes - Rilo Kiley
8. Poster of a Girl - Metric
9. I Believe in the Good Life - The Hidden Cameras
10. I Believe in Symmetry - Bright Eyes
11. Casualties of Glass - Martha and the Muffins
12. Concerning the UFO Sighting - Sufjan Stevens
13. Message in a Bottle - John Butler Trio
14. When Doves Cry - Damien Rice
15. The Transfiguration - Sufjan Stevens
16. These are the Days - Van Morrison
17. Ending Start - Metric

Thanks again, Sharon. I hope others are inspired to listen to these songs, or at the very least answer this question: what is the best compilation cd you've ever received?

2 comments:

Kevin Ziegler said...

i notice there is a large amount of Sufjan Stevens on that compilation, good work.

Garry said...

Hey thanks Christeen it's great to hear from you! Those are some interesting comps, especially the latter, which includes the unlikely combo Dave Brubeck-Radiohead-Common.