Monday, November 07, 2005

Runnin' With the Devil

Yesterday I learned that I was the newest employee of book megamonster Chapters. Though I do not necessarily feel that Chapters/Indigo is the saviour of the world, it is still a bookstore and I am still pretty happy about working there. I mean, working at a huge, corporate giant bookstore is still better than not working at any bookstore at all, right? Anyhoo, I start tomorrow; now I can get to work on my thesis without worrying extensively where that next cup of coffee's going to come from (Starbucks, of course). Speaking of my thesis, I have finished a rough draft of the bulk of my thesis; all that's left is a shipload of editing and, of course, the conclusion. The chapter that makes sense of it all. That should be easy. It's going well, and I have a job so there will be a Christmas this year after all (though I will most likely be working that day), and Bonnie is happy and relieved (I stress the latter).

2 comments:

The Offensive Coordinator said...

Congratulations, heartbreaker. Ask for Xmas off.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gar. Be sure to ridicule your employer on the web.