Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hot again

It's hot once again in Southern Ontario. Yesterday was a scorcher, as was the day before, but today looks to be a bit cooler - only 25. Humidity is at 80% - which, to the best of my knowledge, explains this picture:
It's still quite hazy; did you know they have smog in Ottawa? It seems unbelievable, but it's true.

In other news, I went for a run yesterday. It took me 15 mins to run to the U of Ottawa campus. I hit the Rideau Canal pathway after that, and made my way back home. It was a long, hot run that I might have to reconsider in the future. There are a lot of other places to run here; I'll never get bored, that's for sure. Lost, maybe, but never bored.

Recommendation of the week: there are two, actually.

1. My dad really recommends Ian Tyson's new record. I'm not sure what to say about that.

2. My friend Monique really enjoyed The Story of B by Daniel Quinn: "It's definitely in my top 3". I'm glad that someone else employs a top 3 (My top 3 are The World According to Garp by John Irving, Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler, and Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ian Tyson's old stuff is pretty decent. If your dad is into that, he should definitely check out the new Corb Lund cd. It is hot, and Ian sings on one of the songs. In fact, I just bought tickets to their show at Louis' on Sept. 22nd. Tim saw them in Australia and says they are pretty awesome live, so I'm excited for it.

Garry said...

Thanks Amie! I'll let my dad know. I saw Corb Lund a couple of years ago and it was a great show. It was his Christmas special: he sang Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer to the tune of Folsom Prison Blues! It rocked!