Saturday, July 30, 2005

Island rocks

Bonnie and I went to see The Island last night. It was quite enjoyable, though suspension of disbelief is a must. Scarlett Johansson is one of my favourite actresses, and, of course, Ewan McGregor. There's also a good supporting cast with Sean Bean, Djimon Hounsou, and Steve Buscemi. Be prepared for director Michael Bay's Pearl Harbour-esque style, which may or may not ruin the movie for some. There's a lot of slow motion, sweeping overhead, weird angle shots, along with some sappy music. But the acting is good and the story is strong enough to hold everything together. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a no-mental-effort-required evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be shy....just cause Scarlett is hot and shows her boobs!

Garry said...

For your information, her physical appearance in no way influenced my appreciation of the film.

Anonymous said...

Come on Garry admit it....I know you're a boob man.